My husband always groans when I delve into classic films. But watching Sophia Loren and Cary Grant team up in an endearing romantic comedy in the film Houseboat was worth it.
- Powerhouse lead actors are typically cast in strong films.
- It was produced in 1958 yet the two marriages are far from nuclear family.
- The painted backdrops are hysterical.
- The audience must play along when a derelict houseboat is renovated in a snap by a family with three kids.
- The adults leave for an evening at the country club without a thought given to a sitter.
- Group gawking at Loren is entirely acceptable.
- Bonus shots of DC as Grant works for the State Department.